Wednesday 15 June 2011

Mike & Molly

Genre: Romantic Comedy

Two overweight singles, Mike and Molly, meet and fall in love at a meeting of Overeaters Annonymous.

First Impressions: Mike and Molly are sweet. The way he, eventually, asks her out, is super adorable and a definate squeeee! moment.

I love the idea of a romantic comedy about overweight people, but it feels like this show is going to run out of funny steam really quickly. Their main source seems to be fat jokes, which is a shame because there is so much potential.

I find Molly's family unrealistic - with a skinny mom and a skinny sister (does the sister have a boob enhancement? o.O) and they're completely okay and supportive with Molly being overweight? And they work against her loosing it, instead of making fun of her with teasing and sideways snide comments? Come on. No way. In fact, everyone around seem to support them being overweight and there isn't any negativity they have to struggle against. This isn't wonderland, as unfair as it may seem, overweight people don't get off that easy. I should know - after having 2 kids, I am a beached humanoid walrus.

Worth Continuing: It was created by Chuck Lorre!

I'm going to try to hold out. Maybe it'll get better, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Watchability Score: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment