Sunday 19 June 2011

Game of Thrones

Genre: Drama/ Action

A period piece of various medieval Lords trying to take control.

First Impressions: Holy crap, gory.

They unexpectedly killed off a character that I was starting to like. I love the big scary evil thing they have going on, of these creature things that apparently died away centuries ago. The opening was great, it hooked me right away. But again, holy crap. GORY. This is not for the faint of heart, I tell you. In the first 20 minutes there were dismembered body parts, a graphic beheading and two mutilated animals.

The drama is okay. It could use a bit more action because the drama part bored me in places and I caught myself wanting to fast forward through it to find out more about the creature things. I was watching it on On Demand.

Worth Continuing: I'm interested in the creatures and how they'll play out in the series. I'll give it a few more episodes, but if you watch it this expecting epic drama to the level of something like 'Gladiator', you will be disappointed.

Watchability Score: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment